Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Orderlies, Doctors, Med Students are welcome. Accepted by many universities and medical colleges.
Boost Your Medical Career – Volunteer
This mission will lead to others and eventual Team-Lead designations
Rojava or Western Kurdistan is an autonomous region in northern and north-eastern Syria along the Turkish border. The region gained its autonomy beginning in November 2013 as part of the Rojava campaign, establishing a society based on principles of direct democracy, gender equity, and sustainability.
The RSACs care is free to patients. Community related services such as general medical care, general health care (the latter two categories apply in Rojava), victim advocacy, crisis hotlines, community outreach, & education programs are provided based on each RSAC’s resources at the discretion of the local RSAC nurse-led team.
RSAC Nurses perform a wide variety of job duties during their shifts, caring for and educating patients about their conditions, as well as establishing trust and building rapport with patients and their families.
Some daily duties might include:
- Working with a variety of patients, from pediatric to geriatric, or specializing in one of numerous possible areas such as neo-natal intensive care, obstetrics, gynecological care, dermatology, many more.
- Observing and recording patient behaviour
- Consulting with physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Establishing treatment plans, operating medical equipment
- Supervising licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and certified nurse assistants (CNAs)
- Performing diagnostic tests
- Treating medical emergencies, such as heart attacks, strokes, car accidents and burns as well as recovering post-operative patients
- Administering medications and treatments